Sometimes the little things help to make living in a community more special. Sure everyone knows that Westerville, Ohio is a northern suburb of Columbus and is the home of Otterbein University but there is a lot more to Westerville! Here are our top 6 interesting “secrets” you may not know about Westerville:
- It was name America’s Best Suburb! That’s right, in 2013 Movoto name Westerville the best suburb in all of the United States.
- It is the home of Inniswood Metro Gardens! a 123 acre park in the heart of Westerville. The garden site was first established as the 37-acre estate of sisters Grace and Mary Innis who gave their home and land to Metro Parks in 1972.
- It is the home of Cheryl’s Cookies! – Who hasn’t enjoyed a tasty Cheryl’s Cookie at some time or another? It turns out Cheryl’s Cookies started in Westerville in 1981 as Cheryl & Co and still has its headquarters here.
- Home of Dalton Academy! While you can’t enroll in the fictional school, Westerville is home to the Dalton Academy Warblers on the TV show Glee!
- Schneider’s Bakery opens at 1:30 am! Located in the heart of Uptown Westerville, Schneider’s Bakery (a perennial favorite of Otterbein students) opens at 1:30 am on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday!
- 4th Friday! The 4th Friday of every month from April through September sees Uptown Westerville turning into a hub of activity with food carts, entertainment, extended shopping hours at great shops like Pure Roots Boutique or Captivating Canines, dining & treats at places like Whit’s Frozen Custard or Uptown Deli & Brew, as well as a ton of other activities for the entire community!
Are you looking to make Westerville, Ohio your new home? See all homes currently for sale in Westerville by clicking here!