The Columbus area is rich in history, and this history lives on in the fall festivals celebrated throughout Columbus and the surround Metropolitan area. There is a festival for everyone featuring local food, music, crafts, and more! Hundreds of thousands of visitors attend these festivals each year and here are 5 of our top Columbus festival picks for you to attend this fall:
- Circleville Pumpkin Show – The Circleville Pumpkin show, located in Circleville, OH, lands on the third Wednesday-Saturday of October. The Pumpkin Show attracts more than 100,000 visitors daily and its easy to see why with all of the giant pumpkins, amusement rides, food, and activities for all to enjoy.
- Columbus Italian Festival – Right of the heart of Italian Village in Columbus, the Columbus Italian Festival has been a tradition that has been happening annually since 1980. From dancers to bands to entertainers, you and your family are always going to have something to enjoy to go with the exquisite food that will be offered.
- Ohio Renaissance Festival – The Ohio Renaissance festival in Harveysburg, OH, is almost 2 months long and attracts those of all ages. With over 100 daily shows and 150 arts and craft shops to couple with the hearty food and drink, you and your family will be entertained all day!
- Independents Day Festival – The 10th and final Independents Day Festival will be held in Franklinton, Columbus, OH. The festival, which was started in 2007, has aimed to promote individuals for over 10 years. It has exploded from a small music festival into a 2 day music and arts event that is sure to entertain all that attend!
- Old Hilliardfest – Hilliard Ohio’s flagship fall festival offers a wide variety of food vendors, arts, and music performances on September 9th, 2017. To go along with all the food and performing arts, there is also a 5k run to remember for those who want to get out and run!