As the leaves transform into vibrant shades of amber and the chilly breeze begins to whisper through the trees, Ohio bursts into a splendid canvas of autumn, presenting a plethora of bewitching events that ensnare the enchantment of the Halloween season. Whether you’re a thrill-seeker, a history buff, or looking for wholesome family activities, the following gatherings are bound to create memories that will linger long after the last leaf falls.
- Boo At The Zoo – This is a yearly event held at the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium. The event is very kid-friendly and allows children to trick-or-treat around the zoo, enjoy hayrides, and more: Boo At The Zoo!
- All Hallow’s Eve At Ohio Village – Travel back in time to enjoy a 19th-century Halloween celebration with story-telling, pumpkin carving, and more: Ohio History Center All Hallow’s Eve
- Lynd’s Fruit Farm Pumpkin Patch & Corn Maze – An 8 acre scavenger hunt for clues, A Kid’s Courtyard Combo for the little ones, & wagon rides as well as apple picking! Lynd’s Fruit Farm
- Grandview Great Pumpkin Run & Tiny Tot Pumpkin Trot – Open to all ages and abilities, runners and walkers will enjoy a run through the neighborhoods of Grandview Heights on a closed road course. The Tiny Tot Pumpkin Trot is *FREE* for children 6 & under. The Tiny Trot will begin at 8:30 am on Saturday morning (30 minutes before the 5K). The first 100 youth registered will receive an event shirt and a goody bag: Grandview Heights Pumpkin Run
- The 13th Hour Hallow-Market – a vintage Halloween affair! Taking place on Sunday, October 8 from noon until 6 PM at the eerie Municipal Light Plant, this event is the perfect way to kick off the spooky season early and help you plan for Halloween: 13th Hour Halloween Market
- North Market Bridge Park Night Market – North Market Bridge Park is bringing back a Sip, Stroll and Shop experience to Bridge Park! Join us at North Market Bridge Park Night Market once a month for an evening market in the streets of Bridge Park with 30+ vendors, live music, DORA, entertainment and so much more: North Market Bridge Park Night Market